Updated on 20 Feb 2020
COVID-19 had been inserted into the Infectious Diseases Act with effect from Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020.
Under Section 21A of the Infectious Diseases Act, if a person has reason to suspect he/she may be carrying COVID-19, it is an offence for him/her to be present in public places. This includes the recently introduced Stay-Home Notice.
The Government has also introduced various quarantine measures, which the advisory below takes reference from.
What This Means for Gospel Light?
- Temperature checks will be conducted for our Sunday services at our entrances and carpark. Worshippers with temperatures above 38 degree Celsius will be requested to return home to rest or seek medical attention.
- No mass church-wide meals will be served on the weekends
- Contact details of worshippers will be taken before all worship services/classes.
- If you or your family members have gone to China recently, we ask that you notify us and do not come to church for the 14-day stay-home period as per the Ministry of Health’s Stay-Home Notice. The 14 days should start from the date of arrival in Singapore. In the event that you develop symptoms or feel unwell, please seek medical attention promptly
- In particular, children or children with family members who have gone to China recently are also requested to notify us and do not come to church for the 14-day stay-home period. Children attending our Children’s Ministry will be required to undergo mandatory temperature screening and hand sanitizing. We will not receive children with fever, or who are coughing or having a running nose.
- Persons under a stay-home notice or quarantine order should not leave their residence or place of quarantine, to attend church. Should any member of your household be issued a stay-home notice or quarantine order, we ask that you also notify us and do not come to church.
- All travelers should monitor their health closely for two weeks upon returning to Singapore and seek medical attention promptly if they feel unwell.
- We are providing hand sanitizers at all our Front Desks for your use. You are welcome to bring your own face mask with you if you would like.
Gospeliters should adopt the following precautions at all times:
- Avoid contact with live animals including poultry and birds, and consumption of raw and undercooked meats;
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell.
Please keep abreast with the MOH health advisories by visiting https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19