We long to gather once again for congregational worship and fellowship. And we are thankful Phase 2 re-opening from Circuit-breaker is a step forward towards it.
Whilst Phase 2 represents increased freedom for activity, it is not yet time for our congregational worship services in general. We are adhering closely to official guidelines laid out by MCCY (Ministry of Culture, Community & Youth) in an updated advisory for Phase 2.
Under Phase 2, Care Groups, Ministries, Counselling, small Bible Study Groups and Discipleship Groups can resume with the following restrictions:
You must apply for approval for the conduct of these activities.
Please write in to [email protected] by Friday in the preceding week to seek approval. You will need to provide the date, duration of activity and name list when seeking approval.
Priority will be given to groups that cannot meet virtually.
Please understand if your request is turned down if there are other ongoing activities and we have hit the capacity of 50 pax for our church premises.
You are required to wait for our approval before proceeding with your activity.
The following activities are still suspended under Phase 2:
1) Congregational worship services that exceed the capacity of 50 pax.
2) Baptism services – This will resume only when our congregational worship services resume
3) All Community Engagement platforms – Befrienders, Breakfast Club, Club39, Conversational English (unless on Zoom), Crafts4Life, Handchimes, Ping Pong, Praise Dance, St. Luke’s and Urban Farming
4) Activities involving predominantly seniors – Joyful Ministry
We are grateful for the online means we can employ to still drink in, live out and give out the gospel in the meanwhile. May we emerge from this pandemic stronger, better and purer as a people of God.
Appendix: our regular weekly program:
1. Tuesday night expository Bible Study on 1st John by Brothers Jerry Koh & Glenn Fong at 8pm,
2. Wednesday night Prayer Meeting at 8pm
3. Sunday morning Prayer Meeting at 8.15am
4. Sunday morning Meet-the-Pastor Zoom session at 10.30am
5. Care Group meetings on Zoom (different days of the week for different groups)
The links are- https://gospellight.sg/media/expository-bible-study/ (Tuesday Bible Study on 1st John)
https://gospellight.sg/events/ (Prayer Meetings and Meet-the-Pastor Sessions)
You can write in to enquire about Care Groups (call/SMS 91176000 or email [email protected])
Besides these, you can also check out Pastor Paul’s teaching on the “Beautiful Book” here at https://gospellight.sg/media/the-beautiful-book/ .
PS: Please let us know if you have any needs (eg running important errands but you are home-bound, prayer needs, spiritual questions etc). You can reach us at 91176000 and [email protected]. The pastors, elders, shepherds, staff and members are here for you.